Website Willowglen Systems
Are you looking for a new career challenge? Do you desire to work in the technology industry and still be able to have work-life balance? Do you want to work for an established company with a global presence? Does the idea of working on new technology excite you? If so, this opportunity may be perfect for you. Willowglen Systems is looking for an Engineering Technologist to join our Operations team in Edmonton.
Willowglen Systems (www.willowglensystems.com) is an innovative company delivering industrial automation solutions for almost 50 years. Our products are developed and supported through our team of developers, data scientists and engineers. Willowglen Systems has a global customer base and are chiefly involved in the metro-rail, oil and gas, pipelines, electricity distribution and water distribution sectors in locations including North America, South America, Asia and the Middle East.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop technical documentation including product reliability analysis, SIL-level safety documents, test plans and procedures, training documentation, operation manuals, hardware troubleshooting guides, etc.
- Develop and implement test fixtures, automated tests and test scripts for design and production testing of hardware products
- Develop automated tests, test scripts, and manual testing for enterprise software applications
- Lead Engineering Change Requests (ECR) through to the completion of the Engineering Change Order (ECO) to support development and manufacturing
- Manage and maintain hardware engineering documentation
- Assist in root cause analysis of development and production hardware issues
- Assist in implementing hardware changes and new designs in an ISO and SIL environment
- Technologist degree in Electronics, Electrical, or Computer Engineering Technology
- Thorough understanding of product reliability concepts such as FMEA, FTA, RAMS, MTBF, etc.
- 1 – 5 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated problem solving skills for electronic and instrumentation systems
- Ability to effectively communicate highly technical information in written format
- Able to work in Canada
The following skills are an asset:
- Knowledge of scripting languages, such as Python, for use in automated testing
- Experience in electrical measurements using oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB design software (Altium experience preferred)
- An understanding of unit testing & Test-Driven Development
- Hands-on experience in electronics assembly
- Embedded development experience (C, assembler, VHDL)
- Familiar with Windows, Linux, PHP, Confluence, Jira, and databases
A successful candidate will have the ability to work in a team setting and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Willowglen is looking for a self-starter who has a desire to learn and grow in a technical environment.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org at the earliest opportunity, for immediate review.
Willowglen Systems Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com