Website Willowglen Systems
Intermediate Software Developer
Are you looking for a new career challenge? Do you desire to work in the technology industry and still be able to have a balanced work-life? Do you want to work for an established company with a global presence? Does the idea of working on new technology, including Machine Learning and IoT excite you? If so, this opportunity may be perfect for you.
Willowglen Systems (www.willowglensystems.com) is an innovative company delivering industrial automation solutions for almost 50 years. Our products are developed and supported through our team of developers, data scientists, mathematicians and engineers. Willowglen Systems has a global customer base and are chiefly involved in the metro-rail, oil and gas, pipelines, electricity distribution, and water distribution sectors – in locations including North America, South America, Asia and the Middle East.
Willowglen Systems is looking for Software Developers. We currently are seeking candidates with intermediate experience. The posting is for a permanent, full-time position – and the successful individual(s) will be working out of our Edmonton, Alberta head office. This position will be involved in exciting projects and new product development opportunities using Machine Learning, Agile development, data analytics and big data, Industrial IoT that are currently underway. We are exploring Blockchain for future applications and product development.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Write software design document(s)
- Participate in software design meetings
- Implement design in code
- Resolve defects and bugs during stabilization phase
- Maintain legacy software when needed
- Roughly 50% hands on coding, 20% code review, 30% design
- Develop code for various operating systems including Unix/Linux environments
- Commit to the team’s success
Qualifications for Software Developer
- BSc or master’s in Computer Science or Engineering
- 4 – 6 years or equivalent of software development work experience
The following skills are an asset:
- Experience with development software using Sencha EXTJS 4.2+
- Experience with Qt 4+
- An understanding of unit testing & Test-Driven Development
- Experience in C#, python, bash and JAVA
- Able to work in Canada
A successful candidate will have the ability to work in a team setting and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Willowglen is looking for a self-starter who has a desire to learn and grow as a developer. As we have a global customer base there is an opportunity to do some international travel.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org at the earliest opportunity, for immediate review.
Willowglen Systems Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com