Website Willowglen Systems
Technical Business Analyst
Are you looking for an exciting role working on new technology, including Machine Learning and IoT, in a creative environment where you can apply your craft and push new limits? If so, this opportunity may be perfect for you.
Willowglen Systems (www.willowglensystems.com) is an innovative company delivering industrial automation solutions for over almost 50 years. Our products are developed and supported through our team of developers, data scientists, mathematicians and engineers. Willowglen has a global customer base and are chiefly involved in the oil and gas, pipelines, water distribution, electricity distribution, and metro-rail sectors – in locations including North America, South America, Asia, and the Middle East.
Willowglen is looking for an experienced Technical Business Analyst. We seek candidates with a range of experience from intermediate to senior. The posting is for a permanent, full-time position – and the successful individual will be working out of our Edmonton, Alberta head office. This position will be involved in exciting projects and new product development opportunities using Machine Learning, Agile development, data analytics and big data, Industrial IoT that are currently underway. We are exploring blockchain for future applications and product development.
The Business Analyst will act as the interface between clients, project managers and project teams. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Identify problem or opportunity and contribute in business case development/quotation
- Business analysis planning and developing configuration specifications for projects
- Conduct stakeholder analysis and manage them
- Perform requirements elicitation and analysis
- Identify, analyze and manage solution risks
- Write reports and presentations and present them
- Evaluate alternate solutions
- Ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements
The Business Analyst candidate’s educational background and experience should include:
- Undergraduate Business degree or MBA or Comp Sci or Comp Engineering or similar
- Business Analysis Certification (CBAP/PMI-PBA)
- 5 years experience
Other qualifications include:
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Strong skills in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Canadian resident, based in Alberta
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to email@example.com at the earliest opportunity, for immediate review.
Willowglen Systems Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org